|89 Schoolhouse Rd
Summertown TN 38483-0090 USA
- Civitas2004 - features a weekly edition of the latest news, events, links
and resources-- all focusing on urban sustainbility issues. THe
site is available in three languages--English, Spanish, and Catalan.
- GEO 2000 - A coordinated network of Collaborating Centres is the core
of the GEO process. These centres have played an increasingly
important role in preparing GEO reports. They are now responsible
for almost all the regional inputs, thus combining top-down integrated
assessment with bottom-up environmental reporting. A number of
Associated Centres also participate, providing specialized expertise.
Four working groups ?on modelling, scenarios, policy and data
?provide advice and support to the GEO process, helping coordinate
the work of the Collaborating Centres to make their outputs as
comparable as possible. Other United Nations agencies contribute
to the GEO Process through the United Nations System-wide Earthwatch,
coordinated by UNEP. In particular, they provide substantive data
and information on the many environmentally-related issues that
fall under their individual mandates; they also help review drafts.
- Institute for Global Communications (IGC) - The Institute for Global Communications (IGC) is a nonprofit
organization that provides alternative sources of information
as well as online access and comprehensive Internet services for
progressive individuals and organizations.
- International Institute for Sustainable Development - A multimedia resource for environment and development policy
- The Natural Step - The Natural Step (TNS) is a non-profit environmental education
organization working to build an ecologically and economically
sustainable society. TNS offers a framework that is based on science
and serves as a compass for businesses, communities, academia,
government entities and individuals working to redesign their
activities to become more sustainable.
- Public-Private Partnerships for the Urban Environment - UNDP - The purpose of the PPPUE is to help countries tap into the
increasing flow of private capital resources that globalization
has brought. The PPUE helps countries establish mutually beneficial
partnerships through well negotiated and structured projects in
the areas of water and sanitation, waste management and energy.
- World Resources Institute - Environmental Research and Policy Organization specializing
in sustainable development issues. Climate, Heath, Bio-Diversity,
Forestry, Agriculture, Data and Information. Research Reports
and Publications available.
Click here to choose another Category