|89 Schoolhouse Rd
Summertown TN 38483-0090 USA
- Biopolitics International Organization - Over the course of its' eleven-year history, the B.I.O. has
been promoting a shift from an anthropocentric to a biocentric
system of values in society, in order to curb environment at the
core of every human endeavour (Greece).
- Center for Economic and Social Studies on the Environment - CESSE works on sustainable development indicators and resources,
green accounting, EIA, air pollution and modelling.
- Changemakers Net Library - The Changemakers library is a growing collection of materials
on virtually every subject of urgent concern to the environment,
human rights, health, education,etc. Changemakers is a two-month
old initiative of Ashoka: Innovators for the Public, a leader
for 18 years in launching social change in the global south and
more recently in Central Europe.
- Civitas2004 - features a weekly edition of the latest news, events, links
and resources-- all focusing on urban sustainbility issues. THe
site is available in three languages--English, Spanish, and Catalan.
- The Conference of Non-Governmental Organizations in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations is an independent,
international, not-for-profit membership association of nongovernmental
organizations that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United
Nations debates and decisions. CONGO is most active in the major
UN centers of New York, Geneva, and Vienna, but extends its work
to all regions of the world. Since its founding in 1948, CONGO
has worked to ensure that NGO voices are heard throughout the
international arena. CONGO's role in mobilizing NGOs to form the
first worldwide NGO forum on human rights in 1968, its role in
conceiving forms of NGO participation in UN world conferences
and its advocacy on behalf of NGOs at UN Headquarters highlight
CONGO's major objectives: to ensure that NGOs are present when
governments discuss issues of global concern at the United Nations
and to facilitate NGO discussions on such issues.
- The EarthForum - a new interactive website incorporating hypertext, audio, video
and interactive discussion fora to promote discussion and debate
on topics related to sustainable development.
- Earthlife Africa - Earthlife Africa is an organization of people who are concerned
about green issues, in other words, issues which revolve around
people and the environment. It is an African organization, and
thus it mostly focuses on issues in Africa.
- Ecotrust - is a private, non-profit organization established in 1991 to
promote conservation-based development, beginning in the temperate
rain forests of North America.
- Endangered Wildlife Trust - Mission Statement: to conserve the diversity of species in
Southern Africa by initiating and funding projects that make a
significant contribution to the maintenance of biodiversity.
- Earth Council / Consejo de la Tierra / Conseil de la Terra - International non-governative organization in Costa Rica from
1992 Earth Council.
- FEISEAPNET - The Federation of Engineering Institutions of South-East Asia
and the Pacific cooperating in the joint pursuit of sustainable
- FICUS - Florida Center for Understanding Sustainability deals with
issues and organizations relating to development, ecosystems,
and conservation under a common theme of sustainability.
- Foundation for Global Sustainability - An envrionmental advocacy/activist group for the East Tennessee
and Southern Appalachian region.
- GRNL Network - Scientists and professionals world wide who are interested
in environmental issues and sustainability.
- Global Futures: Future 500 Companies Seek a Fourfold Boost in
Productivity - The inauguration of Future 500, a new transnational association
of business change agents devoted to advanced resource productivity.
Hosted by Mitsubishi Electric America CEO Tachi Kiuchi and Rocky
Mountain Institute co-founders Amory and Hunter Loving.
- Green Parties of North America - are working in communities and in politics at all levels for
a world that's nonviolent, socially just, ecologically sane, and
- Institute for Global Communications (IGC) - The Institute for Global Communications (IGC) is a nonprofit
organization that provides alternative sources of information
as well as online access and comprehensive Internet services for
progressive individuals and organizations.
- International Institute for Resource Management - Focus on reconciling Scientific and Ecological learning for
- National Environmental Scorecard - Contains environmental voting records - League of Conservation
- National Wildlife Federation's International Office - Confronts worldwide threats to wildlife, wetlands, clean water
and other environmental values.
- Nova Scotia Envrionmental Industry Association - The Nova Scotia Environmental Industry Association's purpose
is to contribute to sustainable development and promote environmental
- Northwest Environment Watch - Northwest Environment Watch's mission is to foster a sustainable
economy in the Northwest to provide an example for the world.
- PAX World Service - PAX World Service initiates and supports projects that encourage
international understanding, reconciliation and sustainable development
on behalf of world peace and the world''s poor.
- Resource Renewal Institute (RRI) - promotes Green Plans as the path to a sustainable environment
- RMIT Environmental Policy - The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology is a University
committed to ecological sustainable development. It aims to achive
this by greening its academic programs and operations.
- Rural Sustainable Development in North America - Urvan and Regional Planning, Florida State University.
- The Small Island Developing States Network - was initiated as a follow up to the Barbados Programme of Action
from 1994. It was recognised that all islands share common issues
and SIDSnet was initiated with UNDP/SDNP and the Alliance of Small
Island States (AOSIS). Follow the links below for more Information
on the SIDSnet project and contact us to subscribe to our main
- SOROS Foundation/Open Society Institute - The Open Society Institute - New York promotes the development
and maintenance of open societies around the world by supporting
an array of programs dealing with educational, social, and legal
reform. Together with the Open Society Institute-Budapest, OSI-New
York assists the other organizations in the Soros foundations
network by providing programmatic, administrative, financial,
and technical support. OSI-New York maintains representative offices
in Brussels, Paris and Washington D.C. OSI - Brussels acts as
a liaison to facilitate collaboration between the organizations
of the Soros foundations network and potential Western European
partners, including the various institutions of the European Union,
bilateral donors, and non-governmental organizations. OSI - Paris
acts as a liaison and resource office to help foster cultural
and educational ties between the Soros foundations network and
Western European countries, particularly France. OSI - Washington
represents the Soros foundations network with the U.S. Government
and Congress, Washington-based international institutions and
- Southern Africa Environment Project - SAEP is a non-profit organization incorporated under the laws
of the District of Colombia to promote the public interest and
further the empowerment of individuals, communities, and institutions
in a wide range of activities involving the human and natural
encironments in Southern Africa.
- Sustainable Business .com - is a focal point on the web for all environmental business
sectors, from recycling to green building, from renewable energy
to organic products, from social investing to certified forestry.
Read the "Sustainable Business Insider" magazine, post Business
Opportunities, find a Green Dream Job , use the comprehensive
Links Library .
- The Natural Step - The Natural Step (TNS) is a non-profit environmental education
organization working to build an ecologically and economically
sustainable society. TNS offers a framework that is based on science
and serves as a compass for businesses, communities, academia,
government entities and individuals working to redesign their
activities to become more sustainable.
- The Trust for Sustainable Development - The Trust is a not-for-profit federally chartered Canadian
corporation specializing in building Sustainable Communities.
- Tahoe-Baikal Institute: International Environmental Exchange Program
between Siberia, Russia, and Tahoe, California - Environmental Exchange program to promote sustainable development
at Lakes Tahoe and Baikal through summer internships for students
and young professionals.
- Urban Ecology - Urban Ecology, a non-profit organization with several projects
relating to design and development of ecologically benign cities.
- University of Kentucky, Center for Sustainable Cities - The Center for Sustainable Cities, instituted in 1993, is a
multi-disciplinary alliance of faculty and other professionals
dedicated to advancing the agenda for a sustainable future through
research, teaching, consulting, and public service.
- UNU Environment Programme - The UNU Environement Programme focuses on the interactions
between human activities and the natural environment, and the
implications for the sustainable management of natural resources.
It is concerned with environmental governance and the monitoring
tools required for designing and implementing effective environmental
- United Nations Conference on Human Settlements - The United Nations Conference on Human Settlements held in
Istanbul, June 3-14, 1996.
Click here to choose another Category